Objective: Coordinate administrative operations and outreach efforts for Statewide Emergency Contraception Hotline and Website at AAC. Help recruit, train, support, and supervise sexual health and family planning hotlines volunteer counselors. Serve as information and content manager for EC Website.
- Remain abreast of current Emergency Contraception, reproductive health, family planning, and sexual health related news and research by attending appropriate continuing education events or forums, reading applicable journals, etc. Help to provide staff and volunteers with updated resources and information through personal conversations, notebooks, handouts, and email.
- Conduct statewide EC Hotline and Website outreach, program advertising, volunteer recruitment, and follow-up activities.
- Build and maintain community relationships throughout the five regions of Massachusetts. Distribute information (though trainings and materials such as brochures, posters, and Hotlines cards) and recruit volunteers and interns.
- Work with Hotlines Manager and Hotlines Supervisor around volunteer supervision. Co-supervise and support Hotline volunteers and interns who provide up-to-date Emergency Contraception, family planning, sexual health, reproductive health, HIV, hepatitis, birth control, and STI information, supportive counseling, and referrals.
- Provide Emergency Contraception Hotline shift coverage as needed. Receive and respond to calls, emails, and walk-in requests from providers, and consumers with questions in a timely, sensitive manner. Assist callers in assessing their situations, needs, and options. Make appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Present Emergency Contraception, family planning, sexual health, and reproductive health trainings both internally and externally as needed.
- Work with Hotline and other AAC staff around Hotline volunteer recruitment, screening, training, and retention issues.
- Respond to Hotline volunteer inquiries, send applications to appropriate candidates, conduct pre-training interviews, administer post-training tests, conduct post-training exit interviews, and keep the AAC Volunteer Coordinator updated on the status of all Hotline volunteers.
- Aid in the development, planning, scheduling, and facilitation of program in-services. Coordinate training logistics. Help develop and prepare appropriate materials.
- Maintain updated internal and external agency referrals for the EC Hotline and website; work with appropriate staff overseeing the resource database and website.
- Submit regular reports to Hotlines manager on program activities and data.
- Staff and supervise some evening and weekend shifts as needed in conjunction with other Hotlines staff.
- Carry emergency staff beeper in conjunction with other Hotlines staff.
- Attend unit, department, and agency meetings as required.
- Work closely with agency’s Marketing Department to ensure information on website is accurate.
- Complete other tasks and responsibilities as required.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English desirable;
- Supervisory experience, preferably of volunteers;
- Hotline or peer counseling experience;
- Community networking experience;
- Emergency Contraception and/or family planning, sexual health, reproductive health related work experience or training;
- Experience working with people in crisis and/or who have experienced trauma;
- Experience using word processing, database, desktop publishing, PowerPoint and spread-sheet software;
- Administrative work experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and responsibilities;
- Ability to pay close attention to details;
- Ability to work independently as well as to function as part of a team;
- Ability to interact professionally with and fill requests from the public;
- AIDS and family planning sensitivity and awareness; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment;
- Valid driver’s license.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter with position specified to:
Professional Recruitment Box WS
294 Washington St., 5th floor
Boston, MA 02108
or FAX to (617) 437-6445 send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.